Published: Thu, May 17, 2018
Worldwide | By Jermaine Blake

Florida man killed in first recorded e-cig explosion death

Florida man killed in first recorded e-cig explosion death

D'Elia's obituary said he was a television producer and recently moved to Florida with his wife, Maria Lamberti.

D'Elia's death has been explained as "accidental", with 13WMAZ reporting that he suffered 80 per cent burns.

A 38-year-old man in Florida was killed in what appears to be the first death caused by an e-cigarette explosion.

The projectile was from a section of an e-cigarette.

The "mod" type pen was manufactured by Smok-E Mountain, which according to its Facebook page is located in the Philippines, the Tampa Bay Times reports. Many electronic cigarettes look like regular cigarettes, but some owners like to use larger devices such as tank systems or "mods".

St. Pete Fire Rescue Deputy Marshal Steven Lawrence told Fox, "We do have cases where the vape pens have exploded and they have caused fires".

Muslims in Leeds to begin Ramadan fast
The Arab states did not sight the moon after which the Arab media had said that the Holy month would commence from 17th of May. Adam Soltani, executive director of CAIR Oklahoma, has seen Ramadan through both the Muslim and Christian perspective.

Meghan Markle's father says now hopes to attend royal wedding
Markle secretly hired an LA-based paparazzi to take "candid" photos of him preparing for the big day, it was revealed this week. According to The Mail , Thomas was approached by a paparazzi to stage "fake photographs" which he would then be paid for.

Boston Celtics: Brad Stevens 'uncomfortable' with recent praise
The players certainly deserve their share of love, which occasionally gets lost in all of that admiration for Stevens. Later Parish added, "That don't mean that you're not great or good just because you never won a championship".

Many former smokers have taken to vaping as an alternative to cigarettes, believing the vaporized juice to be safer than burning tobacco.

The report stated: "No other consumer product places a battery with a known explosion hazard such as this in such close proximity to the human body".

E-cigarettes prove to be quite unsafe, despite advertising.

A report by the US Fire Administration said more than 195 electronic cigarettes exploded or caught fire between 2009 and 2016.

Reports state officials found the deceased man spotting a wound to his top lip and burns on his body. He suffered third-degree burns. In 2013, Jennifer Ries was awarded $1.9 million when she suffered second-degree burns from an e-cigarette explosion while Los Angeles Superior Court is now investigating 10 civil suits filed across the state by injured e-cigarette users.

"We've put the caution out before", Kiklas said. It said the company had had problems with people cloning their devices and using bad batteries. These include using vape devices with added safety features, replacing wet or damaged batteries, avoiding charging overnight and using only e-cigarette chargers.

Like this: