Published: Tue, July 17, 2018
Worldwide | By Jermaine Blake

Mother issues viral warning after daughter gets locked in washing machine

Mother issues viral warning after daughter gets locked in washing machine

Early the next morning, they were awakened by their crying 4-year-old son and they found their daughter Kloe locked inside the airtight washing machine, according to the post.

She says because they had just gotten the machine and hadn't even used it to wash clothes, they had yet to check all the settings, but found a child lock feature that prevents the machine to start, but does not lock the door.

A brand new appliance brought with it a brand new warning for parents after a near-tragic accident prompted one mother to share her story.

The post has been shared more than 300 thousand times. "We encourage people to use this important safety setting and to contact our customer support team if they need any assistance".

The girl's screams weren't audible outside, and McIver believes she had been in the machine for about two minutes. They say all parents and grandparents with front-loading washing machines should do the same.

They were able to stop the machine in time and rescue their little girl.

'We spent that evening installing it with the kids underfoot.

A Facebook user says her young daughter had to be freed last week from a frontloading washing machine in a now-viral post.

McIver said the "inevitable online mom-shaming" made her think about posting about the family's scary ordeal.

Amazon Prime Day Problems: Site Crashes As Shoppers Search For Deals
Unlike many other sites, we have chosen not to give too much prominence to Prime Day. We're not certain this is due to the same overload, but it does seem odd .

3 dead, dozens hurt in highway multi-vehicle crash
Officials with the El Paso - Los Angeles Limousine Express say there were 32 total passengers on the bus, along with two drivers. Four have since been discharged and four others are in critical condition with 8 more hospitalized with various injuries.

British police investigating how Novichok bottle ended up in home
A police officer stands guard July 4, 2018, outside Charlie Rowley's house in Amesbury, southern England. Public Health England has advised citizens not to pick up odd items made from glass, metal or plastic.

"But it does not lock the door", she said.

Lindsey McIver, 32, from Conifer, Colorado, had just purchased the new machine and had yet to even use it when the unthinkable almost happened: Her three-year-old daughter Khloe crawled inside, shut the door, and panicked as water began to fill the drum.

The next day, though, it became obvious that the kids weren't heeding their warnings, and their day got off to a terrifying start.

"We applaud Ms. McIver for telling her story and share in her efforts to make sure that consumers are aware of the child safety lock feature", the statement read.

"This is the season for swimming pool accidents and kids being left in hot cars and all sorts of other frightful accidents", McIver continued.

'Shaming the mom doesn't do anyone any good.

"And trust me", she added, "that mum is already beating herself up enough". I NEVER close my door unless it's running. I have a new grandbaby.

The McIvers ran down to the laundry room.

'Thank you for bringing this to our attention, ' wrote another. They finally made out what he was saying, "Kloe. We knew it locked, but we didn't know if we would even be able to get it back open at that point, so we were just grateful to be able to figure out how to open it and get her out quickly". And she escaped with just some bumps to the head. We are continually surprised at the new, inventive ways our kids come up with to try and die.

Like this: