Published: Sun, September 16, 2018
Worldwide | By Jermaine Blake

Man dies after shark attack in Cape Cod

Man dies after shark attack in Cape Cod

Joe Booth, a local fisherman and surfer, said he saw the man and his friend boogie boarding when the attack happened. CPR was performed on the man after he was pulled from the water and beach-goers teamed up to carry him down the beach.

The last shark attack deal was in 1936 when a 16-year-old was bitten off Mattapoisett.

At the site of Saturday's attack, people are greeted by a sign warning them to "Be Shark Smart" and advising swimmers to not swim near seals, close to the shore or in waist deep water.

Hayley Williamson, a Cape Cod resident and former lifeguard who was on the beach at the time, was left in disbelief.

However, shark sightings around the Cape have reportedly been more frequent this year, leading to several beach closings.

The death follows an August 15 attack on 61-year-old William Lytton, who was swimming off Long Nook Beach in Truro, also on Cape Cod.

People look out at the shore after a reported shark attack at Newcomb Hollow Beach in Wellfleet, Mass.

'Skripal suspects' tell Russian media they visited Britain as tourists
They said they did not work for GRU, were ordinary businessmen, and the victim of what they called "a fantastical coincidence ". In the RT interview the men said they had both been in Salisbury and were the people identified in the security stills.

Apple Is Releasing Its Largest iPhone to Date, the XS Max
However, what you won't find anymore in a few months is equally interesting. Sam's Club members can get still an iPhone Xs with a free $100 gift card .

Super Typhoon Forecast to Hit Philippines Saturday
More than 15,000 people had been evacuated in northern provinces by Friday afternoon, the Office of Civil Defence said. The center said that the typhoon's winds are equivalent to a Category 5 Atlantic hurricane . "Every minute counts.

"I saw a worst nightmare unfold here", Booth said.

Arthur Medici, from Revere, Massachusetts, was bitten in the water around midday yesterday off Newcomb Hollow Beach, police said.

Harbourmaster Nathan Sears said: "We are witnessing sharks feeding aggressively in shockingly shallow water on an nearly daily basis over this past August".

Reinhart said she hoped to discuss the incident with fellow Select Board members before saying anything further.

The victim was rushed to Cape Cod Hospital by ambulance but did not survive. "Right spot, wrong time, I guess". He's still recovering from his puncture wounds in a Boston hospital.

Chris Hartsgrove, acting deputy chief of Cape Cod National Seashore, said the injuries appeared to be from a shark.

Barnstable county commissioner Ron Beaty said he had warned something like this could happen.

Like this: