Published: Wed, October 10, 2018
Culture&Arts | By Dora Pope

Saudi government planned Jamal Khashoggi hit: NY Times

Saudi government planned Jamal Khashoggi hit: NY Times

One of the first images from the CCTV footage shared by 24 TV broadcaster on Wednesday showed a man believed to be Khashoggi enter the consulate at 1.14pm (5.14pm in Thailand).

His fiancée fears that he has been kidnapped or killed.

Saudi Arabia to allow Turkey to search consulate for Jamal Khashoggi; State Department correspondent Rich Edson reports. "We demand to know the truth".

Mr Khashoggi is a prominent journalist who has covered major stories, including the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the rise of Osama Bin Laden, for various Saudi news organisations.

Khashoggi, a former Saudi government adviser, had been living in self-imposed exile in the United States since previous year fearing possible arrest.

Khashoggi had written a series of columns for the Washington Post that were critical of Saudi Arabia's assertive Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has led a widely publicized drive to reform the Sunni monarchy but has also presided over the arrests of activists and businessmen.

Khashoggi had sought to become a United States citizen after living in self-imposed exile since previous year, fearing repercussions for his criticism of the prince, Cengiz wrote.

Turkey's foreign minister said authorities would search the consulate in Istanbul as part of its investigation into Khashoggi's disappearance, saying Saudi officials were "open to cooperation", although it's unclear when the event would take place. The poster reads in Turkish: ' Jamal Khashoggi, missing since October 2, 2018'.

He reportedly told friends that he had been treated "very warmly" on his first visit and reassured them that he would not face any problems.

The journalist's fiancée, Hatice Cengiz, wrote an op-ed on Tuesday expressing hope her man is still alive.

Black Ops 4 Has a 50 GB Update If You're Buying Physical
Treyarch thanked their optimization for the day one experience to allow a manageable download in todays AAA market. A full download will be required, however, for regular multiplayer modes, Zombies, and Specialist Headquarters.

Donald Trump: Sex assault claims against Brett Kavanaugh 'a hoax'
Court watchers will be looking to see whether the new justice asks questions at arguments and, if so, what he asks. Joe Biden in 1992, where he argued that if a Supreme Court seat became vacant, then President George H.W.

Petition Supporting Opera House CEO Gains Almost 150000 Supporters
It ... has politicians in the palm of its hand, ' the anti-gambling campaigner told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. A petition against the plan to use the Opera House as a billboard has reached 170,000 signatures in three days.

The Ministry did not say when the premises would be searched. But they have not provided definitive evidence to prove this.

A newspaper close to the Turkish president published photos Wednesday of what it said was a 15-member "assassination squad" allegedly sent to target Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who went missing after entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul last week.

The rest of the suspected agents are reported to have arrived later that day on a second private jet or on commercial flights.

"In most cases, their arrests have never been officially confirmed and no official has ever said where they are being held or what they are charged with", said the watchdog.

The Post has obtained video of the areas surrounding the consulate that purportedly shows when Khashoggi arrived at the consulate, as well as the movements of vehicles leaving the consulate two hours later.

Anonymous Turkish sources say the 15 men flew into Istanbul of two private Gulfstream IV jets with tail numbers HZ-SK1 and HZ-SK2.

Sabah newspaper published the names and years of birth of 15 Saudis it said arrived at Istanbul's Ataturk airport on October 2. Saudi officials haven't acknowledged that.

If either government seems to be in control of the investigation, Kaye said "it is not going to be seen as credible by significant portions of the global community".

Prince Mohammed's brother and the Saudi ambassador to the US, Prince Khaled bin Salman, has insisted all reports about his disappearance or death "are completely false and baseless".

Like this: